THE BEEFEATER VALENTINE’S DAY SWEEPSTAKES RULES NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. SWEEPSTAKES: The Beefeater Valentine’s Day Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on February 9, 2019 and ends 11:59:59 p.m. ET on February 18, 2019 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, 21 years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees of Pernod Ricard USA, LLC (“Sponsor”), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, suppliers, distributors, retailers of alcohol-beverage products; and advertising, promotional and judging agencies (collectively “Sponsor and its Administrators”), and each of their respective employees, shareholders, directors, officers, members and agents and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited and subject to all federal, state and local laws.
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, @beefeatergin_us will post a photo on Instagram (the “Site”) announcing the Sweepstakes (the “Post”). You may enter by following the instructions in the Post to follow @beefeatergin_us. Next, you must comment on the Post tagging one (1) friend/significant other (who is 21 years of age or older and meets the eligibility requirements listed above) (the “Friend”) and describing what you love about your Friend to receive one (1) entry (“Entry” or “Submission”) into the Sweepstakes random drawing. Your Friend must also follow @beefeater_gin on Instagram for your Entry to be eligible. To enter, you must have an Instagram account. If you do not have an Instagram account, and you would like to create one for free, download the free Instagram app to your mobile device at either the Apple® App Store or the Google® Play store. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the email address/Instagram account associated with the Entry. There is no limit to the number of Entries you may receive as long as each Entry submitted is unique. Normal Internet access, phone/usage charges imposed by your online/phone service will apply. All Entries become property of the Sponsor.
Entries will not be judged but must adhere to the Entry Guidelines indicated below, as determined by Sponsor/Administrator in their sole discretion.
Entry must be original and must be in English.Entry must not (and entrants represent and warrant that it will not), violate or infringe any third-party copyright, trademark, trade dress, or other proprietary right of any entity or person (living or deceased), including but not limited to rights of privacy, publicity or portrayal in a false light.Entry must not reference any commercial/corporate advertising, including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names (other than Sponsor’s), slogans, political, or religious statements, or be otherwise objectionable, as determined in Sponsor/Administrator’s sole discretion.Entry must not include any commercial solicitation or promotional materials, websites, contact information or personally-identifiable information (e.g., first or last name, address, phone number, place of work, email address, etc.).Any Entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor’s/Administrator’s sole discretion, will be disqualified and may be deleted.Entry must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor, the Released Parties, or their respective products and services, or other people, products or companies.Entry must not contain content that is false, inaccurate or misleading.Entry should not appeal primarily to persons under the legal drinking age.Entry must not refer to any individual under the age of 21.Entry must not contain statements relating to the armed forces of the United States; local, state or federal governments; state flags, emblems, seals, coat of arms, crests or insignias.Entry must not include references to any activity that Sponsor/Administrator deem to be, in their sole discretion, lewd or indecent, including but not limited to, scenarios portraying sexually explicit activity as a result of consuming alcohol, and activity that suggests that alcohol is needed for social, financial, educational or athletic success.Entry must not portray, encourage or condone drunk driving or depict situations where alcohol is being consumed rapidly, excessively, involuntarily, as part of a drinking game or as a result of a dare, or portray drinking of alcohol before or during activities that, for safety reasons, require a high degree of alertness or coordination.Entry must not refer to any retailer of alcohol beverages (including but not limited to bars, restaurants, convenience stores, grocery stores, etc.).
By submitting an Entry in this Sweepstakes, entrant grants Sponsor and all other such persons as Sponsor may designate, the absolute, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual right and permission to use, reproduce, publish, store, post, display, distribute, modify, prepare derivative works of and/or otherwise use the Entry, in any manner, form, format or media now or hereinafter created, including on the Internet, and for any purpose, including but not limited to advertising of Sponsor, the Sweepstakes, and Sponsor’s products, all without further notice, consent or payment.
4. RANDOM DRAWING: At the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period, two (2) prize winners will be randomly selected from among all eligible Entries received.The random drawing will be conducted by Sponsor, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning the prize are dependent upon the number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Prizes will be awarded (to the selected winners and to the Friend tagged in his/her Entry). Winners will be notified by DM on Instagram (as further described below). Prizes are nontransferable and no cash substitutions are allowed except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize is unavailable. Winners, prize recipients and all entrants, as a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes (or receipt of prize), agree to release and forever discharge, covenant not to sue, and hold harmless Sponsor and its Administrators from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes, the receipt, ownership or use of the prize awarded, or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering of the prizes.
5. PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): Prize (2 total): Two (2) Sponsor-selected custom denim jackets and two (2) pairs of Beefeater goblets, awarded as follows: one (1) to the winner and one (1) to the Friend tagged in the Submission (ARV: $445 each). ALCOHOL IS NOT PART OF THE PRIZE. Acceptance of Prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winners’/prize recipients’ names, photos and/or likenesses and Entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, including a winner list, unless prohibited by law. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Winner and each prize recipient are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and all other costs and expenses associated with his/her portion of the prize not specified herein as being awarded. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent permitted by winners/prize recipients.
6. GENERAL RULES/WINNER NOTIFICATION: The Prize winners and prize recipients will be contacted via direct message by@beefeatergin_us and will be required to respond to the direct message to arrange for prize fulfillment/verification within a timeframe specified by Sponsor. Prizes will be fulfilled within six (6) to eight (8) weeks after the conclusion of winner/prize recipient verification. Return of direct message as undeliverable or if a winner or prize recipient is not eligible, it may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner in the manner provided above. By entering in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. Sponsor and its Administrators are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Site; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Entries generated by script or bot are not eligible. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the Site account submitted at the time of Entry will be deemed to be the entrant. "Authorized account holder" of a Site account is defined as the person who is responsible for joining the Site and who manages the e-mail address associated with the Site Account. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes if it is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other problems beyond the control of the Sponsor and award the Prizes from among all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation, if any. Prize winners, prize recipients and all entrants, as a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its Administrators and each of their respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees from any liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes or Prizes awarded. Prize winners and prize recipients assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in the Sweepstakes, the receipt, ownership or use of Prize awarded or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering of the Prizes. Void where prohibited and subject to all federal, state and local laws. As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, entrant agrees that: 1) under no circumstance will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for out-of-pocket expenses; 2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes or the Prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and 3) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event, attorneys’ fees. You hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents.
7. WINNERS: For the names of the winners (and prize recipients), available after February 28, 2019, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope postmarked by March 31, 2019 to: The Beefeater Valentine’s Day Sweepstakes - Winners, 100 Marcus Drive, Attn: EG, Melville, NY 11747.
SPONSOR: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Pernod Ricard USA, LLC, 250 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10177.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to Homesense, a division of the Pernod Ricard USA, LLC and not to Instagram. The information you provide will only be used in the event you are selected as a winner.